Monday, April 9, 2012

A mid-summer night's dream in March!?

Wow! Eighty-some degrees in mid-March… somebody pinch me! I must say, it was really a dream to catch a glimpse of summer at the beginning of spring. But like all good dreams, this one was bound to end. But forty degrees and dismal, that’s literally a cold slap in the face! Try explaining to your two year old son that he has to bundle up after running free in shorts and a t-shirt in the backyard a couple of weeks back. (“No coat, right mommy”) Somehow I don’t think he’s going to be a happy camper! While the skies were sunny and clear, Elijah discovered that he could view great-grandma’s house from our kitchen window. He makes sure to point it out at least once a day. (At least he could before the gray skies and clouds distorted his view!) I can’t wait for the day when this “dream weather” returns. I’m sure that my firstborn would agree (if you could steal his attention away from his toy dinosaurs). Nothing is more fun than watching him play in the backyard with his “friends” (a.k.a., his cousins)





No comments:

Post a Comment